Burning sage is one of the oldest and purest methods of cleansing a person, group of people, or space and of getting rid of unwanted spirits.
Simply put, sage clears bacteria in the air. Sage smoke offers rapid delivery to the brain and efficient absorption to the body.
• CLEARS up to 94% of airborne bacteria in a space
• RELEASES negative ions, putting you in a positive mood
• GRANTS wisdom, clarity and spiritual awareness
Traditionally, an abalone shell is used to hold the sage to when spreading smoke around your space. Pāua shells are great because of the shape: they are easy to hold when walking, and they can take the heat!
Remember: you are lighting something on fire, so making sure you have the right container is important.
• Hold the sage close to the end (any end is fine)
• Position at a 45-degree angle
• Light for 20 seconds
• Gently blow on the flame until you see orange embers appear
• Start clearing your space!